[Rubygems-developers] Understanding new RubyGem 0.9 output

Wes Gamble weyus at att.net
Mon Jul 3 14:36:52 EDT 2006

John,

Thanks.  But the bottom line is - it's giving me information about the
repository _in general_, not information that pertains to _my_
collection of gems.

Is this correct?

I still don't know what it means.  Does it mean that 21 gems were
somehow modified in the repository since the last time I ran the gem
command?  If that's what it means, I don't think it makes a lot of sense
to show this message "Need to update xxx gems..." unless it's qualified
to be very clear that this is a message about the internal state of the
gem command execution context and has nothing to do with the end user's
local repository of gems.  I'm not sure I need to see detailed internal
synchronization messages for the "gem" application.

Having said that, I won't worry any more when I see the message :).

Thanks,
WG