[Rubygems-developers] How to submit patches?

John Wells lists at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jan 30 13:17:20 EST 2006

Jim Weirich said:
> Funny ... I just tried it and it worked for me.  But nevertheless, an
> anonymous login wouldn't have allowed you to submit changes anyways.
> But you should be able to get the current CVS tree in that manner.

Absolutely. I didn't seek to submit directly to the tree...only to
actually get the current tree so I could generate a patch based on it.

Anyway...it was stupid mistake...I had simply glanced at the instructions
and was using the password "anonymous" instead of leaving it blank. ;)

> Once you can patch against the current source base, just send the
> patches to this list.  Somebody will review the patch and apply it if
> it passes general muster.  We strongly recommend submitting unit test
> cases and functional test cases along with any submission.

Ok...will do. Thanks.

John