[Rubygems-developers] How to submit patches?

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:40:53 EST 2006

On 1/30/06, John Wells <lists at sourceillustrated.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I've modified gem_commands.rb and doc_manager.rb to allow incorporation of
> RDoc into ri easily. I'd like to submit this code as a patch, but cannot
> login to cvs anonymously:
>
> Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at rubyforge.org:2401/var/cvs/rubygems
> CVS password:
> cvs login: authorization failed: server rubyforge.org rejected access to
> /var/cvs/rubygems for user anonymous

Funny ... I just tried it and it worked for me.  But nevertheless, an
anonymous login wouldn't have allowed you to submit changes anyways.
But you should be able to get the current CVS tree in that manner.

> Can anyone tell me what I should do? Also, if there are any particulars
> required for submitting patches, please let me know.

Once you can patch against the current source base, just send the
patches to this list.  Somebody will review the patch and apply it if
it passes general muster.  We strongly recommend submitting unit test
cases and functional test cases along with any submission.