[Rubygems-developers] [Fwd: rubygems license?]

Mauricio Fernandez mfp at acm.org
Tue Feb 14 09:31:53 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 08:41:08PM -0500, Jim Weirich wrote:
> Other than setup.rb (which is under the LGPL), the only other file with
> an explicit copyright notice (that I've seen) is Mauricio's package.rb
> file.  It refers the reader to a LICENSE.txt file which is not part of
> RubyGems, so I'm unclear what terms Mauricio intended.  So, this
> question is direct to Mauricio regarding the package.rb file, would the
> terms mentioned above be acceptable to you?

$ cat LICENSE.txt
rpa-base is copyrighted free software by
* Mauricio Julio Fernández Pradier <batsman DOT geo AT yahoo DOT com>.
* Zachary P. Landau <kapheine AT hypa DOT net>.

You can redistribute it and/or modify it under either the terms of the GPL
(see the file GPL), or the conditions below:

[conditions copied verbatim from Ruby's COPYING]

Mauricio Fernandez