[Rubygems-developers] [Fwd: rubygems license?]

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Feb 13 20:41:08 EST 2006

I'm forwarding this to the RubyGems mailing list.  The question is what
license covers RubyGems.  I don't think we ever explicitly stated, but
since our intention was to eventually be included as part of the Ruby
distro, I am suggesting we use the same terms as Ruby (e.g. choice of
either the Ruby license or GPL).

Agreement?

Other than setup.rb (which is under the LGPL), the only other file with
an explicit copyright notice (that I've seen) is Mauricio's package.rb
file.  It refers the reader to a LICENSE.txt file which is not part of
RubyGems, so I'm unclear what terms Mauricio intended.  So, this
question is direct to Mauricio regarding the package.rb file, would the
terms mentioned above be acceptable to you?