[Rubygems-developers] Simple tool to generate rpm spec files from gems

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 20:10:52 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 19:29 -0500, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> Neat tool. However, I consider the fact that gems don't follow LSB a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to start a discussion about LSB pros
or cons - I just wanted to point out that gem2spec doesn't do magic to
make the resulting rpm's LSB compliant; instead, you can still use your
favorite gem command on gems installed through the resulting rpms.

And I do understand that gems does what it does because it needs to be
cross platform.