[Rubygems-developers] [rubygems] Build still broken (#1149)

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Dec 25 14:59:46 EST 2006

Anatol Pomozov wrote:
 > But Rake finishes with return code == 0 on windows even if some error
 > present. I dunno why, better to ask Rake developers.

As far as I can tell, Rake is properly returning the exit
status code. However on Windows, rake is invoked via a BAT
file setup by RubyGems (on Unix systems, a shell script is
used). I suspect the exit code is not being properly
propagated through the BAT script. Unfortunately, my BAT
programming skills are exactly zero. Can someone verify this
and suggest a better BAT script for gems that will propagate
exit status.

-- Jim Weirich      jim at weirichhouse.org     http://onestepback.org
-- In theory, practice and theory are the same.
-- In practice, they are different.