[Rubygems-developers] Release time! (Was: Release time?)

jim at weirichhouse.org jim at weirichhouse.org
Thu Dec 21 16:30:53 EST 2006

> On 12/21/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:

>> I think that means its time to push a beta...  Can I do that myself,
>> or do I need Jim or Chad to do it?
>>

> Jim has historically done the beta releases of RubyGems on his own
> server, which doesn't appear to be responding right now.  He has a job
> from which he can't use the internet all day, so I propose we wait
> until he gets home and has a chance to respond and then if it will be
> a pain to deploy to the usual place, we do something different.  I
> would prefer to leave the betas outside of the main rubygems repo, but
> we could always throw them somewhere else temporariy if need be.

Good news!  My box is back up, so putting the beta gem in the normal place
won't be a problem.  Eric, if you wish to create the beta, that is not a
problem.  The biggest issue with betas is to make sure the 4 digit version
number is properly incremented between different betas.

Make sure the change log is up to date ... we don't need it for the beta,
but I use that to glean diffs from previous versions for the release notes
on a full release.

Thanks for all your hard work.

-- Jim Weirich