[Rubygems-developers] Release time! (Was: Release time?)

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Thu Dec 21 10:31:36 EST 2006

On 12/21/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2006, at 02:17, Eric Hodel wrote:
> > There's one open bug that should be easy to fix.
> >
> > There's one feature request that could be fixed in a reasonable
> > amount of time.  (The other two involve tattle).
> >
> > I think that means its time to release.
> There are zero bugs open.
> There are zero feature requests open.
> The two Cerberus test failures appear to be platform-specific and
> test-specific.
> I think that means its time to push a beta...  Can I do that myself,
> or do I need Jim or Chad to do it?

Jim has historically done the beta releases of RubyGems on his own
server, which doesn't appear to be responding right now.  He has a job
from which he can't use the internet all day, so I propose we wait
until he gets home and has a chance to respond and then if it will be
a pain to deploy to the usual place, we do something different.  I
would prefer to leave the betas outside of the main rubygems repo, but
we could always throw them somewhere else temporariy if need be.