[Rubygems-developers] New patch for 'gem contents' bug

Tom Pollard tomp at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 8 10:33:41 EST 2006

In rubygems 0.9.0, the 'gem contents' command is broken, in that it
can no longer find the installed gems.  It looks like the code that
used to fall back on the installed gem path when no directories were
specified on the command line was replaced.  This has been broken for
months now, and is still broken in the current code on svn.

I notice that there's a simple patch for this in the rubyforge
bugtracker.  I have a slightly more complete patch I'd like to
offer.  Unfortunately, I don't see any way to upload a new patch file
to an existing case in rubyforge.  What's the right thing to do here?