[Rubygems-developers] [rubygems] Build still broken (#1111)

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 02:51:30 EST 2006

Hi, Jim.

I believe that it is Windows specific problem.

Look at test code at test_gem_source_info_cache.rb:80 . Chmod and stat
functions are very limited on Windows platform.

I have added code that shows us what permission file has after we try to set
0222 mode
    FileUtils.chmod 0222, @sic.system_cache_file
    puts sprintf("%o", File.stat(@sic.system_cache_file).mode)

It returns me
100644

It means that "real" file mode is 644. So RubyGems engine could read cache
data.

Some more explanation you could find here
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/1149

Looks like this test is *nix specific and could be run only on platforms
that fully support FIle.mode.

--
anatol (http://feeds.feedburner.com/apomozov-eng)