[Rubygems-developers] Ruby on Rails trouble

Marko Viitanen kirvesrinta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 23:00:42 EDT 2006

I decided to try Ruby and it has not been easy or simple. I am having
trouble with rubygems, installing rails.

After downloading and installing ruby, I downloaded
rubygems-0.9.0.zip<http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/11290/rubygems-0.9.0.zip>from
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126. Unzipped it and ran
ruby setup.rb

then I tried

gem install rails --include-dependencies

It just hangs

I added the --debug flag, and saw that it was trying to use .gemsrc. now
where was that in the "getting started" instructions?

I made on up following a sample I found online.

Still didn't work. This time it is complaining about another file:
Exception `LoadError' at
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27 - no such file
to load -- sources

I have no idea where that should be.