[Rubygems-developers] replicating gem installs

hbeaumont hbeaumont ahlist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 20:34:40 EDT 2006

On 8/23/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2006, at 6:33 AM, Anthony Eden wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiosity, why not use /usr/bin/env ruby or just put a
> > symbolic link on different machines. If they are all variations of
> > unix either of these approaches should work, no?
>
> This won't work, cron does not set $PATH.

speaking of which - does anyone know offhand how to make it set the
path for a whole server?

I know I can set it in the acutal crontab script but I would love to
be able to set a default for all crontabs. I get daily questions from
users whose crontab doesn't work because they aren't using the full
path.