[Rubygems-developers] replicating gem installs

Jim Freeze rubygems at freeze.org
Wed Aug 23 11:30:05 EDT 2006

On 8/23/06, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, why not use /usr/bin/env ruby or just put a symbolic
> link on different machines. If they are all variations of unix either of
> these approaches should work, no?

I have seen gems which use flags on the shebang, which env
cannot understand on some platforms.

The symbolic link won't work for my particular purposes since
the gems are installed on a shared network drive.

I would propose that we have a command line option that
would change the shebang to '#!/usr/bin/env ruby', and
an option that let one set specifically the shebang.

--
Jim Freeze