[Rubygems-developers] replicating gem installs

hbeaumont hbeaumont ahlist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 00:07:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

Please point me to the correct list if this is off-topic.

I need to replicate my installed gems across several machines. I am
trying to find the best way to do this.

I had considered rsyncing /usr/local/lib/ruby

but many gems also install things into /usr/local/bin/ etc.

Is there a good way to do this?

I had considered a simple scripts of each install:

/bin/bash

gem install foo
gem install bar

etc.

but I really need something that will let me know 100% for sure that
everything is the same.

Is there an easy way to have a gem report what files it installed?

I suppose in the end I could open each gem setup files and find all
the install lines.

I just wanted to check the list first to see if there is a better or
standard way to do this.

Thanks.