[Rubygems-developers] The next step toward 0.9.0

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 20:00:37 EDT 2006

On 4/10/06, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:> > DATADIR PROPOSAL:> (snip)> This would be awesome. I have a couple of gems that would like to> write to file - and this would make things a lot easier for me and the> users of my gems.
This is not what the datadir should be used for. On some platforms,especially Debian-based distributions, the datadir will probably beread-only to most users.
In Ruwiki, I would use this for the versioned read-only documentationwiki. In PDF::Writer I would use this for versioned documentation andnon-versioned font data.
But the data *must* be considered read-only if it's in datadir.
-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com               * Alternate: austin at halostatue.ca