[Rubygems-developers] Update on Testing for Gems 0.9.0 Beta

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Fri Apr 7 16:03:24 EDT 2006

Jim Weirich wrote:
> I found a bug in the new extension builder portion of RubyGems.  It is
> unrelated to the incremental download update, but it will probably cause
> problems if you are trying to install gems with native extensions.  Grab
> version 0.8.11.11 from the beta site to fix that.

I haven't been calling out every version, but I've been making several
bug fixes and minor enhancements over the past few days.  If you picked
up a beta version earlier, you might want to grab the latest version.
Recent fixes include adding a --[no]-ri option to install/update/rdoc
commands (e.g. if you don't want RI docs, add a --no-ri option to the
command line).  Also several fixes to native extension building.  The
'gem' method replacement for 'require_gem' is now enabled.  Also, I
reintroduced optional arguements to the SourceIndex.from_installed_gems
command so that the Mongrel GemPlugin would continue to work. (the
arguments were removed in a code cleanup refactoring a while back).

As always, let me know if anyone has any problems.

--
-- Jim Weirich       jweirich at one.net      http://onestepback.org