[Rubygems-developers] Getting at non-lib dirs in gem (like datadir)

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Apr 4 14:35:57 EDT 2006

TRANS wrote:
> On 3/29/06, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could these be added to the Gems module?
>>
>>     def active?(gemname)
>>     def gemspec(gemname)
>>     def gempath(gemname)
>>     def gemdir(gemname, dir)

I haven't had a chance to look at these in detail.  I will agree in
principle that having a more reflective gem interface is a good thing.
I'm planning on spending some time looking at that datadir issue after
incremental downloading is in place. (and after that, continuing on the
local/remote gem integration).

--
-- Jim Weirich       jweirich at one.net      http://onestepback.org