[Rubygems-developers] Gems created in 1.8.3 (YAML/Syck change?)

why the lucky stiff rubygems-dev at whytheluckystiff.net
Mon Sep 26 15:40:04 EDT 2005

Chad Fowler wrote:

> Looking at the CVS log for Syck in the ruby repository, it looks like
> Why  has done a lot of
> refactoring of the YAML emitter in this release.  Why, did you intend
> for  the YAML produced to be incompatible with previous versions of Syck?

No, I didn't.  This is in Basecamp, I am due to repair this for
1.8.3.1/1.8.4, whichever comes next.  The solution is to put the
document separator "---\n" before the document.

Blechh, this is such a stupid mistake, it makes me ill.  I have a whole
testing suite for round-tripping documents and crap like that.  But it
isn't rigged to test 1.8.3 <-> 1.8.2 <-> 1.8.3 kinds of compatibility
testing.

_why