[Rubygems-developers] Packaging BOF on Friday the 14th?

David A. Black dblack at wobblini.net
Sat Oct 1 19:49:05 EDT 2005

Hi --

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Austin Ziegler wrote:

> (Crossposted to both ruby-core and rubygems-developers for the benefit
> of both sets of subscribers.)
>
> It seems to me that a lot of the nonsense surrounding RubyGems may be
> best solved in an in-person meeting, preferably with Matz involved.
> Shall we plan on having a BOF session about packaging and RubyGems at
> RubyConf on the Friday evening?
>
> If you have any concerns that you would like to see specifically
> discussed and you are not going to be *at* RubyConf, might I suggest
> adding something to the RubyGarden webpage on the RubyGems to do list?

We've already got a roundtable with Matz scheduled for that evening.
Packaging things can certainly be brought up at the roundtable but I'm
not in favor of pre-empting other topics or meeting as a small group.
Remember, there will be 200 people there, all equally eager and
entitled to spend some time talking with Matz :-)

David

--
David A. Black
dblack at wobblini.net