[Rubygems-developers] Need to know how to get a particular Ruby install to "see" a particular gem

Peter Marreck lumbergh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:05:32 EST 2005

Here's the situation- I'm on OS X. "ruby -v" shows 1.8.2. I've
installed "sqlite", "sqlite-ruby", "sqlite3" (at some point) and
"sqlite3-ruby" via Gems. The command-line version of these utilities
works fine (I can edit database info, etc.). "gem list" shows the
following.
-----
sqlite (2.0.1)
sqlite-ruby (2.2.3, 2.2.2)
sqlite3-ruby (1.1.0, 0.9.0)
-----
Yet the line "require 'sqlite'" still fails in Apache with:
[error] mod_ruby: /placeholder/path/to/rubytest.rbx:4:in `require': No
such file to load -- sqlite (LoadError)

What am I missing here? Is there a Ruby or Gem config file that I can
use to point Ruby at the installed location of these gems? Help!

Thanks ahead of time!
-Peter