[Rubygems-developers] Fixed require_gem bug with redundent requests.

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Wed Mar 16 23:24:10 EST 2005

I've been working with Tobias Luetke in tracking down a gems bug where
multiple versions of a gem is requested.  I've committed a fix to CVS.  Since
this touches on some pretty basic functionality, I would like to have more
heads looking at it.

The change is in Gem.activate and affects the way multiple requests for the
same gem (with possibly conflicting version constraints) are handled.

So, if you could download the CVS version and give it a try with as many
applications as you can, I would appreciate it.