[Rubygems-developers] Major problem with 0.8.7

chad at chadfowler.com chad at chadfowler.com
Mon Mar 14 09:49:30 EST 2005

  The source index on the server wasn't updating for remote installs of
the new version.  Rich and I looked at it, and it was actually skipping
the 0.8.7 gem.  So, I downloaded the gem and tried to install it
locally.  I got this:

ERROR:  Error installing gem rubygems-update-0.8.7.gem[.gem]:
uninitialized cons
tant Gem::Requirement

I noticed last night that you moved Requirement up out of Version.  I
guess this is the problem, but I'm not sure exactly why (I'm a bit
delirious with fever now, so I'm probably not going to figure it out
either :)