[Rubygems-developers] Possible Fix for the "gem update rails" bug on WInXP

Bill Guindon agorilla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:02:28 EST 2005


On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:03:58 -0500, Jim Weirich <jim at weirichhouse.org> wrote:
> Ok, this is the third attempt to squash this bug.
> 
> After finding some code that didn't set the auto_require flag to false
> correctly, and then finding another location that had the same error,
> I finally discovered that the Gem.activate method didn't properly honor the
> auto_require=>false request under all situations.
> 
> The CVS tree is fixed and updated for anyone who would like to try it out.
> Let me know if it works this time.

Just ran a test:
Uninstalled rails and all dependencies
Rolled back to Gem 0.8.4
Tried to "gem install rails", got an error.
Dropped in the new (0.8.6.2) gem
"gem install rails" worked, and it worked with the defaults (I didn't
type the "y")

Thanks much for the time you put into this.  I now have Rails 0.10.1

-- 
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)


More information about the Rubygems-developers mailing list