[Rubygems-developers] Possible Fix for the "gem update rails" bug on WInXP

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Fri Mar 11 12:03:58 EST 2005

Ok, this is the third attempt to squash this bug.

After finding some code that didn't set the auto_require flag to false
correctly, and then finding another location that had the same error,
I finally discovered that the Gem.activate method didn't properly honor the
auto_require=>false request under all situations.

The CVS tree is fixed and updated for anyone who would like to try it out.
Let me know if it works this time.