[Rubygems-developers] why does 'gem install og' result in installation of log4r rather than installation of og?

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Mar 7 18:56:47 EST 2005

That is a bug in gem's overzelous attempt to match gem names during
installation (l_og_4r).  I think that bug was squashed around verion 0.8.5 or
so, but I can't find the notes that say so.  If gem --version reports a
version earlier than 0.8.5, try upgrading.  If you have a recent version, let
me know and I'll investigate further (BTW, the CVS version of gems does not
do that).