[Rubygems-developers] Patch and scripts for offline rubygems usage

David Glasser dglasser at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:08:56 EDT 2005

On 6/12/05, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave.
>
> Thanks for the patch.  I applied it and added gem_mirror to the
> RubyGems source (with a small change to make it work on Windows---
> we've been bitten before by not opening files with "wb", so I knew to
> look for it).

Sure.  I also wouldn't be surprised if there are issues with
Windows/DOS drive names, or in the difference between saying file:,
file://, and file:///... but it does seem to work in the use case of
file:/// on Unix.

> Would you consider adding some docs to http://docs.rubygems.org?

Sure, just signed up for an account.  One question, though -- I kind
of made up the terms "installed-layout" and "server-layout" to
describe the

  gems/
    cache/
    gems/
    specifications/

and

  yaml
  gems/

directory layouts.  Anybody have anything better?

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser at mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/