[Rubygems-developers] Re: Rubygems on shared drive with multiple OS's

Jim Freeze rubygems at freeze.org
Mon Jun 6 07:53:37 EDT 2005

At work we use a shared NFS file system where I can run any
one of four OS's all with the same $HOME directory.

If I install a gem (that has an extension) using a Linux machine,
can I also install the same gem with a SunOS box and have rubygems just
add the appropriate extension?

I would prefer this to having a separate gem directory for each OS,
since most of the gems (those without extensions) can be shared.

BTW, does rubgems log what OS installed a gem?

Jim Freeze
Theory and practice are the same, in theory. -- Ryan Davis