[Rubygems-developers] How does the platform work together withversion numbers

Lothar Scholz scholz at scriptolutions.com
Fri Jun 3 17:36:23 EDT 2005

Hello Lothar,

Saturday, June 4, 2005, 3:40:26 AM, you wrote:

LS> I only run into two smaller problems.

Forgot this one:

My first attempt was to only catch the "say" output but this turned
out to be not good enough as for example when there is some c code
compilation the output is printed to stdout. So i do capture stdout
and mix it into the stream together with "say". Otherwise the user
would see a "Successfull installation" message and no error from the

Maybe this is a task that should be done on the RubyGems side and not
on the frontend.

Best regards,
 Lothar Scholz                mailto:scholz at scriptolutions.com