[Rubygems-developers] Feature Request: Provide RDOC on the gem server.

Lothar Scholz scholz at scriptolutions.com
Fri Jun 3 15:09:32 EDT 2005

I think there should be a way to allow a user to read RDOC before
installing a gem. In many cases when build options are required (see
my previous posting of the mysql gem) we must have something before
"install". It doesn't seem too usefull to get this information on the
homepage as the specification with the homepage URL is only visible
after installation.

Also i think people can save some time when they can look at the gem
before they install it.
And for the later it would be useful to provide a way to define 3 (maybe
more) special files in a gem specification:

"license", "readme", "changelog".

Then a user select this before installation.

Best regards,
 Lothar Scholz              mailto:scholz at scriptolutions.com