[Rubygems-developers] wrt future: accessing changelogs or similar?

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 11:25:27 EDT 2005

I've been trying to get my head sufficiently around rails that I can
use it confidently.  I read this

which suggests I should not use the 0.8.5 gem or the 0.8.6
gem of fcgi.  But I see there's a gem.  So I do gem query
and get the same info as gem list, and then

neelix hgs 16 %> gem spec -r fcgi
(Remote 'info' operation is not yet implemented.)
neelix hgs 17 %>

Well, even if I got the spec I probably couldn't see the changes
from it,  though I'd probably get the URL to look at.

So, how much of a priority is implementation of the remote info
facility (by those who are familiar with the design of the local
info implementation, which I'm not yet), and how bonkers is the idea
of a command to access the changelog directly?

If I get chance, (and the way this week has been going, I won't),
I'll look into implementing this myself, but in the meantime...

         Thank you,