[Rubygems-developers] Roadmap for version 0.8.12

Assaph Mehr assaph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:46:51 EDT 2005

>  gem install --version=0.5 rails
> --source=http://gems.rubyforge.org/archive

Not related directly but a new feature request: Would it be possible
to have a "beta" section of the repository? For example, I may want to
release a preview of the next version of my library but not cause
everyone to automatically update and break existing programs.

Second request: we want to have the archive/beta directory on the same
server, right? So why not abbreviate the above option to --archive /
--beta? It should append the relevant directory to the source url. It
is a matter of convenience, so I prefer the shortest readable option.

Thanks for listening,