[Rubygems-developers] Gem Signing Dependencies

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Fri Jul 8 10:09:25 EDT 2005

I'm preparing a new release of RubyGems.  This version includes the work from
the Seattle code fest and Paul Duncan's gem signing options.

I've got a question about the gem signing stuff (which works pretty slick
btw).  Are there any dependencies for the signing code?  I see it requires
openssl.  Are the openssl libraries /always/ available in every ruby
installation, or only those that have the openssl libraries available when
ruby installs?

I just want to make sure we fail gracefully if there are dependencies missing.

There is a release candidate for 0.8.11 at http://onestepback.org/betagems
(use the --source option).  The release candidate is version 0.8.10.99.