[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems Bug?

Curt Hibbs curt at hibbs.com
Wed Jan 26 11:29:52 EST 2005

I was concerned that my rails upgrade may not have been complete, so I
thought I would start over and first update Rubygems to 0.8.4. So I:
- uninstalled ruby
- reinstalled the one-click installer 1.8.2-14
- updated rubygems to 0.8.4

But now I get am error when I try to use the proxy option. Here my console
log:

C:\>gem install -p http://www-stl-proxy4.boeing.com:31060 rails
Attempting local installation of 'rails'
Local gem file not found: rails*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NameError)
    undefined local variable or method `http_proxy' for
#<Gem::RemoteInstaller:0
x2dcd758>

Curt