[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems Bug?

Curt Hibbs curt at hibbs.com
Wed Jan 26 10:53:06 EST 2005

I just went to update my Rails gem, and it also tried to update FXRuby (see
below). I'm running the one-click ruby installer for windows, which has
RubyGems 0.8.3 pre-installed.

Here's my console log:

C:\rails\cookbook>gem update -p http://www-stl-proxy4.boeing.com:31060
rails

C:\rails\cookbook>"c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" "c:\ruby\bin\gem" update -p
http://www-
stl-proxy4.boeing.com:31060 rails
Upgrading installed gems...
Attempting remote upgrade of actionpack
Attempting remote installation of 'actionpack'
Successfully installed actionpack, version 1.4.0
Installing RDoc documentation for actionpack-1.4.0...

lib/action_controller/scaffolding.rb:87:37: Skipping require of dynamic
string:
"#{model_id.id2name}"
Attempting remote upgrade of activerecord
Attempting remote installation of 'activerecord'
Successfully installed activerecord, version 1.6.0
Installing RDoc documentation for activerecord-1.6.0...
Attempting remote upgrade of fxruby
Attempting remote installation of 'fxruby'
Select which gem to install for your platform (i386-mswin32)
 1. fxruby 1.2.3 (mswin32)
 2. fxruby 1.2.3 (ruby)
 3. fxruby 1.2.2 (ruby)
 4. fxruby 1.2.2 (mswin32)