[Rubygems-developers] (no subject)

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Wed Jan 5 13:04:22 EST 2005

Paul Haddad said:
> I'm trying to install the postgres and mysql gems, but neither are
> working since I've installed the libraries in a non  standard location
> (/usr/local/psql/lib /usr/local/mysql/lib).  Is it possible to install
> the gems with this setup (would probably need to pass an arg to the
> configure portion of the build).
> ---
> Paul Haddad (paul at pth.com)

Paul, the gem command will ignore parameters after a double dash (--).  So
you can pass build parameters to the gem command like this ...

   gem install blah.gem --remote -- --with-gcc

I've not done this personally (and the docs are real vague in this area)
so I'm copying the rubygems-dev mailing list so someone there can double
check my answer.