[Rubygems-developers] [BUG?] 'No metadata found' using gems 0.8.4

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Jan 4 23:15:34 EST 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 05:45 pm, Assaph Mehr wrote:
> As an aside, what happened to the --backtrace option? I wanted to
> include it in the report.

The backtrace option is still there, however the local installer traps that
error, displays an error message and returns.  I'm making a note to rework
that error handler to allow the exception to propagate up to the top level
handler (where backtrace is implemented).

> Also, I didn't see any difference between the output of gem list
> --details and --no-details.

Hmmm ... it seems that --details is an option that is settable, but never
tested.  It should probably be removed (or implemented).

Thanks for the feedback.  Little details like this really make a difference.