[Rubygems-developers] packaging binary executables / etc

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Sun Feb 20 07:00:27 EST 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 05:22 pm, Patrick May wrote:
> Hello,
> I checked out the x10 Rakefile:
> http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/x10-cm17a/
> Rakefile?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=x10-cm17a&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> It is using the spec.extensions property, which doesn't quite fit what
> I am doing.

Oh, of course.  I hadn't quite thought through exactly what you were doing.

Hmmm ... I don't have any quick answers for you.  You are exploring turf that
is a bit outside the intended domain of RubyGems.

The only thing I can think of is to use the extensions feature, but somehow
fake it out to do what you want.  Don't know if that is even feasible tho.