[Rubygems-developers] Upgrading?

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Feb 4 10:15:02 EST 2005

What have I missed about upgrading?

brains# gem --version
0.8.1
brains# gem search -r rubygem

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

rubygems-update (0.8.4, 0.8.3, 0.8.1, 0.8.0)
     RubyGems Update GEM
brains# gem install -r rubygems-update
Attempting remote installation of 'rubygems-update'
Successfully installed rubygems-update, version 0.8.4
Installing RDoc documentation for rubygems-update-0.8.4...
WARNING: Generating RDoc on .gem that may not have RDoc.
brains# gem --version
0.8.1
brains#

I expected 0.8.4 as that last result.  I should be able to update
using gem [options] after installation, shouldn't I?  Or will this
only work after install the NEW tarball?

Actually I expected gem update to fix this, but still...

         Thank you,
         Hugh