[Rubygems-developers] Patch that fixes Proxy authorization problem (407)

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:55:17 EST 2005

I have response from one guy who tried it. And it says that storing login
and password in HTTP_PROXY makes collision with Perl Package Manager format
that expect have following EnvVariables

So I suggest redo a little my patch and use following algorithm
  http_proxy = options() || ENV['HTTP_PROXY']
  if http_proxy contains login and lassword
    proxy_user = extract login from http_proxy
    proxy_password = extract password from http_proxy
    proxy_user = HTTP['http_proxy_user']
    proxy_password = ENV['http_proxy_pass']

any objections??
Have gem something like central config file where could be stored http_proxy

anatol (http://pomozov.info)