[Rubygems-developers] Patch that fixes Proxy authorization problem (407)

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:08:06 EST 2005

There is a patch that fixes well known problem with Proxy w authorization.
Patched version get username and password from HTTP_PROXY env variable and
use for open-uri and Net:HTTP authorization. Most part of the patch just new
open-uri lib from Ruby CVS HEAD.

I could not check that tests are ok, because they are failed for me on a
clean cvs version.  But patched RubyGems from CVS works for me ok.

C:\Documents and Settings\anatol>gem --version

C:\Documents and Settings\anatol>gem list -r

XMMS-Ruby (0.1.2)
    XMMS bindings for Ruby.

yip (0.8.2)
    Adds interpolation to YAML; primarily for use in configuration files

ZenHacks (1.0.1, 1.0.0)
    Tools and toys of mine that don't have a better home.

anatol (http://pomozov.info)