[Rubygems-developers] Advice on version numbers for alpha releases?

Lyle Johnson lyle.johnson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:18:06 EDT 2005

I'm about to make the first release of FXRuby 1.4, but would like to
somehow mark it as an "alpha" release. I'm wondering if there's some
way to avoid calling it fxruby-1.4.0.gem (or whatever) which might
lead people to thinking it's a stable release. Are there any
established patterns for how people do this, or should I just punt and
call the first release 1.4.0 and be done with it?