[Rubygems-developers] Deprecating gems

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Sun Apr 17 21:07:46 EDT 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 06:55 pm, Chad Fowler wrote:
> I like these ideas.  I especially like the fact that --source could be
> used to access archived gems.

While we are discussing it, I think a 'beta' section of the archive would be
useful too, allowing folks to release early versions of gems before they are
ready for general public consumption.

I've started to do a "roll your own" beta site at
http://onestepback.org/betagems.  I will release rake and rubygems gems there
before deploying them on RubyForge (especially after that one rubygems
release that had a bad gem that horked the rubyforge indexer).