[Rubygems-developers] "Copeland" gem

Jamis Buck jgb3 at email.byu.edu
Mon Sep 20 18:03:20 EDT 2004

Mauricio Fernández wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 02:16:59PM -0600, Jamis Buck wrote:
>
>>I was just looking at the gem repository at
>>http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems and I noticed that the "copeland-0.1.0"
>>gem is still there.
>>
>>I had thought that it was deleted at one point (it was the first release
>>of Copland, and misnamed). Is there any way to get rid of that one
>>again? It is identical to copland-0.1.0 in all respects but the name, so
>>there would be no loss to the community if it got nuked.
>>
>>To clarify: "copland" is the good gem, "copeland" (with an 'e') is the
>>bad gem.  :)
>

> I think you have to remove it from your Releases area and then have it
> removed manually from the Gem Archive. It might be somewhat complex because
> some attempt to remove Labyrinth was performed a few months ago and it's still
> available as http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems/Labyrinth-0.2.0.gem :-)

Well...as far as I know, there is no Copeland project anymore (Tom
deleted it for me--http://rubyforge.org/projects/copeland comes back as
"invalid project"). So I don't imagine it's pulling the gem from there.

As for deleting the gem itself from the archive, I imagine that would
have to be done by Rich or Chad?

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck