[Rubygems-developers] "Copeland" gem

Mauricio Fernández batsman.geo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 17:35:39 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 02:16:59PM -0600, Jamis Buck wrote:
> I was just looking at the gem repository at
> http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems and I noticed that the "copeland-0.1.0"
> gem is still there.
>
> I had thought that it was deleted at one point (it was the first release
> of Copland, and misnamed). Is there any way to get rid of that one
> again? It is identical to copland-0.1.0 in all respects but the name, so
> there would be no loss to the community if it got nuked.
>
> To clarify: "copland" is the good gem, "copeland" (with an 'e') is the
> bad gem.  :)

I think you have to remove it from your Releases area and then have it
removed manually from the Gem Archive. It might be somewhat complex because
some attempt to remove Labyrinth was performed a few months ago and it's still
available as http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems/Labyrinth-0.2.0.gem :-)

--
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com