[Rubygems-developers] empty source_caches issue?

Thunfisch thunfisch at thunfisch.org
Thu Sep 16 01:31:13 EDT 2004

I just noticed that there's a problem with empty source_caches files in
rubygems 0.8.0. Somehow my source_caches file was empty after the last
rubygems update. I tried gem list --remote, but gem exited with this error:

-- *** REMOTE GEMS ***
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `has_key?' for false:FalseClass

I made a patch which should solve this problem. I'm still new to ruby, could
someone please take a look at it?