[Rubygems-developers] Renaming a gem

Jamis Buck jgb3 at email.byu.edu
Thu Sep 16 00:23:27 EDT 2004

I recently changed the name of the SQLite/Ruby gem from "sqlite" to
"sqlite-ruby" (which it ought to have been from the start). However,
I've noticed that the old gem continues to be downloaded... Some of
those downloads may be legit--someone may really need an older version
of the software. However, I suspect that many are people either doing
"gem update" or just "gem install sqlite" when they really want the
latest-and-greatest...

Any suggestions as to how to help make it clearer that the sqlite-ruby
gem is the newer version of the sqlite gem?

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3 at email.byu.edu