[Rubygems-developers] Config clash

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Wed Sep 15 10:02:54 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, September 15, 2004, 9:48:49 PM, Mauricio wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 07:29:45AM -0400, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>> I agree.  I'm wasn't actually trying to build upon it.  I was trying to
>> debug it with my dev-utils gem (to be released after RG 0.8).  That's when

> Will that be a gem-only release or is the code available somewhere else
> (or is it ok if I just take a CVS snapshot) ???.

The reason I'm delaying is because I'll definitely be using the gem,
but it's best used with 0.8, so the require stuff works.

As for getting your hands on the code, remember the beauty of 'gem
unpack' :)

  gem install dev-utils
  gem unpack dev-utils

And you're welcome to the CVS, but some stuff will change between now
and release.

> If it's ready, please consider a .tar.gz release; looks like you'd only
> have to copy Aoki's setup.rb into the sources. After all, RubyGems 0.8.0
> is taking far longer than expected.

It's not *really* ready.  It'll be a 0.0.1 release: useful, but young
and prone to rapid change.

I'll certainly do a tgz release, painful though that is :)