[Rubygems-developers] gem list correct?

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Mon Sep 13 10:26:42 EDT 2004

On Monday, September 13, 2004, 7:06:43 PM, Gavin wrote:

> Below is the output from 'gem list -r' on my work computer right now.  It
> seems a bit small.  Is it correct?  Where's 'activerecord', for instance?

> Just checking before the release and all...

Grrrr.... I spent a few hours tracking down the problem and emailed a
detailed report, but it appears not to have made the list.

I can't reproduce this problem at home, but it's ultra-reproducible at
work.  Probably a Ruby-version thing (work 2004-07-31; home
2004-05-16).

Anyway, it's a YAML-related issue.  A line in remote_installer.rb
says, from memory

  spec = YAML.load(yaml_spec)

Well, guess what?  yaml_spec is about 600,000 bytes, but on my work
computer, spec.to_yaml is a tenth the size, and missing lots of
packages.  I can't explain it, but if noone else has the problem, I
guess it's not a big deal.

Gavin