[Rubygems-developers] 'require_gem' with ambiguous names...

Jamis Buck jgb3 at email.byu.edu
Mon Sep 13 00:34:38 EDT 2004

Disclaimer: I'm still using 0.7, so I don't know if this is fixed in 0.8.

I've got four gems: copland, copland-lib, copland-remote, and
copland-webrick. When I do a "require_gem 'copland'", all four of those
match, and because 'copland-webrick' is the last one in the list, it is
the one that gets required. Fortunately, copland-webrick has a
dependency on copland, so all works out okay, but it wasn't quite what I
expected.

Is this already fixed?

- Jamis

--